Be a CPHA Member!
CPHA Membership is as diverse as public health and includes nurses, environmental health specialists, health educators, physicians, allied health professionals, preventive medicine specialists, alternative health care providers, social workers, academicians, policymakers, interested citizens and students.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member...
- Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for public health in Colorado.
- Public Health in the Rockies Conference: The annual Conference each Fall provides quality education and networking for public health professionals, and you receive a SIGNIFICANT discount by being a member. You can contribute to the content, help plan the Conference or attend to enhance your professional development.
- Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that public health voices are being heard at the Colorado State Capitol. The Public Health Policy Committee prepares resolutions and legislative updates/alerts, and keeps track of public health issues under consideration by the State Legislature and Congress. CPHA contracts with a lobbyist to advocate for priority public health issues.
- Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to public health.You remins informed about public health in Colorado in a way that saves you time.
- Networking: You have many opportunities to network with public health professionals in Colorado, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance your current job, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc. Networking events range from Conferences to discounted sporting events to celebrations.
- Affiliation: You will have affiliation with YOUR professional association and oer 350 public health professionals in Colorado.
- Discounts on Educational Offerings: You receive reduced registration fees at all CPHA sponsored continuing education events, including cooperative educational programs with other public health associaitons.
- Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees and special projects.
- Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in public health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
- Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.
Download this list of reasons.
Cost of Membership
For individuals working in, or interested in public health
Affiliate Membership $30
For individuals who are a member of a CPHA affiliate (COSOPHE or PHNAC)
Full-time student or Retiree $15
For full-time students, those earning less than $12,000/year, or retired individuals.
CPHA's membership cycle runs from June 1 - May 31. Your membership will be valid until May 31, and you will receive a renewal reminder when your expiration date is approaching.
CPHA is launching a new Nonprofit Agency membership category with great benefits and incentives for the agency AND its employees! Read more about the benefits, and then sign your agency up today by contacting Corine Waldau directly at Corine@publichealthalliance.org.
An ideal way for veteran CPHA members to reach out to new members and welcome them to the CPHA community. The CPHA Ambassadors are active members from each CPHA Region who begin their relationships with new members by escorting them at functions and events, introducing them to other members, orienting them to the programs and benefits of membership and paving the way for the new members to become active in CPHA. Read more about CPHA's Ambassador Program...