Come to the largest statewide public health conference, hosted by CPHA, COSOPHE and PHNAC!
September 17-19, 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
>> Check out the COPrevent article, "A Time to Advance Health Equity," written by HHS Regional Director Marguerite Salazar
Thanks to all who made Public Health in the Rockies 2013 such a great success! We look forward to seeing you again in 2014!
Below is information regarding this past year's theme...
Plains to Peaks:
Reaching Our Goal of Health Equity for All
Communities in every state are struggling to provide equal health opportunities for all, and communities within Colorado are no exception. Health inequities are embedded in social injustices that make some population groups more at risk for health challenges. As a nation and a community, we are searching for viable solutions that will allow all people, no matter what race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, income, or zip code the same opportunity for a healthy life.
Help lead the way in providing fair opportunities for all Coloradans, living in communities from our plains to our peaks, to achieve their full health potential. Individuals working to support the health of the public in all capacities and at all levels are invited to participate, including:
The 2013 Public Health in the Rockies Conference will highlight the ongoing importance of promoting health equity by:
- identifying systems, strategies, processes, and programs to tackle ongoing health inequities;
- bridging collaborations across fields and disciplines;
- looking for creative solutions to challenging problems;
- exploring opportunities presented within the Affordable Care Act; and
- sharing best practices being implemented at all levels in Colorado communities and nationwide.
The 2013 Public Health in the Rockies Conference will be held at The Village at Breckenridge on September 18-20, 2013. Be sure to pack your walking/running shoes and participate in the fitness activities available throughout the conference. Enjoy taking a stroll on the Blue River Trail, shopping on historic Main Street, or hiking the many trails that Breckenridge has to offer.
Public Health in the Rockies is a shared endeavor of the Colorado Public Health Association, Colorado Society for Public Health Education and the Public Health Nurses Association of Colorado.
Please consider supporting the 2013 conference by sharing your expertise in a variety of ways:
- Attend the Conference (if you can’t be there, be sure to send a valued agency member in your place)
- Present at the Conference or enter your work as a poster
- Join the planning committee
- Contact Alicia Myers, CPHA Senior Chair-Professional Education to join.
- Be a sponsor of the Conference
- Exhibit at the Conference
- Contact Corine Waldau, Member Services Coordinator for the Public Health Alliance, to get more information.
Healthy Foods Sponsor:
Have a question for the planning committee?
Submit a question or call 303.861.4995 for immediate assistance.