Come to the largest statewide public health conference, hosted by CPHA, COSOPHE, PHNAC, and WPHA!
Data to Action:
Reaching Our Goal of Health Equity
September 17-19, 2014
Fort Collins Marriott | Fort Collins, Colorado
The 2014 Public Health in the Rockies conference builds upon the success of last year by continuing to work toward Reaching our Goal of Health Equity for All. Health inequities persist largely due to systematic policies and practices that create barriers and obstacles to achieving equal health status for populations. Such differences in health status are often preventable and unfair. In order to improve health equity, we must increase awareness and actively address health inequities in our everyday work.
The 2014 Public Health in the Rockies Conference aims to:
- strengthen collaborations and create new partnerships across fields and disciplines
- increase awareness of how and where health inequities exist
- spur innovative thinking to create changes in local and agency practices and policies
- provide attendees with guidance to work on initiatives to promote health equity
- offer an opportunity for networking and learning to all conference attendees
The conference will provide insight and ideas on how to promote health equity in the region, and to showcase multidisciplinary efforts within the context of the three core functions of public health: assessment, policy, and assurance.
|This year's conference will feature Keynote Speaker Dr. Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, MPH, PhD. Dr. Jones is a family physician and epidemiologist whose work focuses on the impacts of racism on the health and well-being of the nation. She seeks to broaden the national health debate to include not only universal access to high quality health care, but also attention to the social determinants of health (including poverty) and the social determinants of equity (including racism). Read Dr. Jones's full biography...|
The 2014 Public Health in the Rockies Conference will be hosted at the Fort Collins Marriott in Fort Collins, Colorado on September 17-19, 2014. Just outside the conference doors, enjoy shopping at the Foothills Mall, visit historic Old Town, or enjoy the many walking trails and outdoor activities that Fort Collins has to offer. Don’t forget to pack your walking/running shoes and participate in the numerous fitness activities offered throughout the conference.
Public Health in the Rockies is a shared endeavor of the Colorado Public Health Association, Wyoming Public Health Association, Colorado Society for Public Health Education, and the Public Health Nurses Association of Colorado.
Support the 2014 conference by sharing your expertise:
- Attend the conference
- Be a presenter at the Conference or enter your work as a poster
- Join the planning committee
- Contact Alix Hopkins, CPHA Junior Chair-Professional Education, to join.
- Be a sponsor of the Conference
- Exhibit at the Conference
- Contact the Public Health Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
Those invited to attend include but are not limited to:
Have a question for the planning committee?
Submit a question or call 303.861.4995 for immediate assistance.